PitchPlus is ClickBank’s terminology for upselling to a customer who has just made a purchase. The Upsell product (or services) should complement or enhance or add-value to the customer’s initial purchase.
I’m sure you’re familiar with the following questions –
“Would you like some fries to go with your burger?”
“Would you like a bagel to go with your coffee?”
These are the typical upsells that we encountered daily. Similarly, ClickBank offers its vendors a variety of Upsells and Downsells via its “PitchPlus” sales funnel.
At its simplest, the ClickBank PitchPlus offers the customer a single upsell – if the customer accepts, then the sales funnel ends and the customer is sent to the confirmation page where he/she can download the initial product and the upsold-product.
Initial Offer -> ClickBank Order Form -> PitchPlus Offer -> Confirmation Page
As a vendor, you opt for the simple upsell (PitchPlus flow) above, or go for the “Advance PitchPlus Flows” as described below:
1) A series of (up to) 3 Upsells
After initial purchase, customer is shown the 1st upsell. If customer accepts, the 2nd upsell is shown. If customer accepts the 2nd upsell, then the 3rd upsell is shown.
At any point in the upsell-flow, if customer declines, then the “CB Confirmation Page” is displayed. On that confirmation page, the link to your thankyou/download pages will be displayed based on how many upsells the customer had purchased.
2) A series of (up to) 3 Downsells
After the initial purchase, the customer is shown the 1st upsell. If customer accepts, the “CB Confirmation Page” is displayed.
But if customer declined the upsell, then the 1st downsell offer is shown. If customer accepts, then the confirmation page is displayed.
But if customer declined the 1st downsell, then the 2nd downsell is displayed. If customer accepts (or rejects) the 2nd downsell, then the CB confirmation page is displayed.
3) An ‘alternate’ Upsell
After the initial purchase, the customer is shown the 1st upsell. If customer accepts, then the 2nd upsell page is displayed. But if customer rejects, then the 3rd upsell page is displayed.
In both cases above, whether the customer accepts or rejects the upsells, the CB confirmation page will be displayed with the appropriate download links, e.g. if customer had purchased the upsell, then the download link for that upsell will be shown.
Otherwise, it will not be shown on the CB confirmation page.
A few things to note about the PitchPlus
- You’ll need to request for approval once it has been setup. Clickbank has to approve it (between 3-5 days, according to their website) before it can be used.
- Once it has been approved, the price of the upsells cannot be changed without going through the approval process again.
- Exit-pop-ups (or pop-under) are not allowed if the customer declined the upsell offer.
- Each upsell page can contain only 1 product for the customer to buy, i.e. the upsell page should not have multiple upsells/products.
- A vendor may choose a different commission level for the pitch-plus product(s)